Friday, September 14, 2012

Hagan's 1st day of Cadaver Training

Hagan is an almost 1yr old Marti/Huey male. He is a very loved big boy! I am
Fortunate that I work in a vegerinary hospital & he ets the best of care.
I meet a lot of interesting people & one FEMA search & rescue officer. Hagan is going to learn cadaver search. Because of Hagans large size & weight he isnt ideal for live search because
Of injury to him & the human.
We live in a lake community & have so many drownings each year. Each time they call on these cadaver dogs to come work & help give resolve, peace & closure to families. I am praying Hagan will succeed.
He is so eager to learn & please. He has tried dock diving, but would just rather have
Played in the water than dived. Then he tried agility & would go thru the course & bece bored & go stand in the middle of the tunnel & bark...silly boy!
I could not figure out how to upload pix or video on here so if you wantto see Hagan please fine me on FB Rebecca Myers :)
So proud to be of the Rosehall Kennel Family!

2 comments:

  1. Well Hagan has flunked out as a Cadaver dog. He had no interest at all and wanted to chase butterflies. The officers dubbed him fluff n stuff due to his big fluffy ears.
    However, Hagan has become a master duvet killer. I woke in the night to find myself covered in feathers and he looked as if he had been plucking chickens all night in bed. Silly Hagan, but oh how I love him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Huey / Heidi pup named Apollo. Do you have photos to post ?? Would love to see Hagan..

    ReplyDelete